Designed to Serve It’s In Our DNA: A Mission Trip Devotional Journal
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:13-14)
Why is it that we have such a good feeling when we serve others? It’s because God created us that way. It’s in our DNA. We’re designed to serve.
Why is it that when we love others, it feels so right and so good? It’s in our DNA! We’re designed to love and be loved.
Be deeply thankful for each new person you will meet on your mission trip. Know that they, too, are wonderfully made (and loved) by God, and they, too, are Designed to Serve and to love.View Sample Pages
7 Pre-trip Devotional Themes:
Serve, Choose, Mission, Obey, Learn, Grow and Believe.
10 On-site Devotional Themes:
Welcome, Help, Be Kind, Give, Love, Be Patient, Bless, Risk, Shine and Rejoice.
7 Post-trip Devotional Themes:
Give Thanks, Worship, Change, Yield, Forgive, Serve and Live
Mission Team Reviews for Designed to Serve:
- I LOVE it! Graphically very pleasing to the eye. The content is great! I loved the theme for each day. Can’t wait to use it!
- I give it two thumbs up!
- I love the theme and how you engage all of our senses and ways of learning in this resource.
- The best experiences include just the kind of preparation, ongoing reflection, and follow-up in Designed to Serve.
- I really enjoyed reading each day of this journal. In my opinion it has a sweetness/gentleness in comparison to the others.
- Biblically based (and sound!) It combines devotion and a journal that is durable for long trips.
- It’s so on point with us having the DNA of serving. It’s not about us. It’s about serving others, just as Christ did.
- I love both the content and the format. It’s terrific!
- It’s not a one-size-fits-all journal and provides a number of ways for travelers to engage depending on where they are spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.
All TalkPoints journals feature the 7-10-7 format:
- 7 days of devotionals before departure; up to 10 days of guided reflection at the mission site; 7 days of devotion after the trip
- Useful for training and orientation before departure
- A guide for daily group debriefing
- Lots of blank, open pages for personal writing and reflection
- 64 full color pages and spiral bound for easy use and durability in the field
- Only $8.50 (For mission organizations interested in a discount for bulk quantities, contact email@example.com.)