Why Not? Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
To let YOUR light shine is to contribute to the good of others — to make life better for someone else. Maybe it’s a friendly “hello,” wiping the tables, speaking a kind word, carrying a brick, encouraging someone who’s discouraged, going after a tool, digging a hole, giving a smile. It’s the many small things and large things God wants you to do in order to love and serve others. During the days of the mission trip, why not let your light shine before others, so that they will see your good deeds and be attracted to the light of Jesus who is the light of the world.
Here’s what Gayle Hotchkiss wrote: Hi Frank, we just returned last night from our High School mission trip to Guatemala and we used the “Why Not” journal. I just want you to know that the team loved it and I think it’s the best one yet. It created many great conversations.To date we have used every journal you offer and started over for the Jr. high trip this year. We will be looking at “Go MAD” next year! Thanks for putting your heart and the heart of God into creating these journals. ($8.50)
Pre-trip Themes / Why not SHINE? / Why not CHOOSE? / Why not LOVE? / Why not PRAY? / Why not SERVE? / Why not LEARN? / Why not TRUST?
Mission Day Themes / Why not CONNECT? / Why not BE A LIGHT? / Why not BELIEVE? / Why not LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR? / Why not BE KIND? / Why not ENCOURAGE? / Why not FORGIVE? / Why not PRAISE? / Why not HANG IN THERE? / Why not CELEBRATE?
Post- trip Themes / Why not BE THANKFUL? / Why not WITNESS? / Why not LEARN? / Why not PLANT SEEDS OF HOPE? / Why not BE GENEROUS? / Why not WORSHIP? / Why not SHINE?
All TalkPoints journals feature the 7-10-7 format:
- 7 days of devotionals before departure; up to 10 days of guided reflection at the mission site; 7 days of devotion after the trip
- Useful for training and orientation before departure
- Provides a guide for daily group debriefing
- Lots of blank, open pages for personal writing and reflection
- 64 pages and spiral bound for easy use and durability in the field
- Only $8.50 (For mission organizations interested in a discount for bulk quantities, contact email@example.com.)